Martha Street Studio offers the artistic community equipment, facilities, and support in the production, exhibition, and dissemination of print-based works, at a local, provincial, national, and international level. The Studio is roughly 4000 square feet on two floors (2000 per floor). The entire lower level is devoted to studio space and the upper level houses the gallery, studio space, a digital suite and our administrative offices.
Studio & Facilities
- 3 etching presses ranging from 24" x 48" to 40" x 60"
- 2 ferric chloride acid baths
- hotplate, 27 by 36 inches
- mechanized plate cutter, 36 inch width
- 2 presses
- 5 large lithography stones (18 by 24 or larger), 8 small stones
- leather roll-up roller
- 5 rubber lithography rollers, diameters ranging from 5 to 10 inches
- 13 silkscreening tables, largest 4 by 5 1/2 feet with weighted mechanical squeegee arm
- 2 silkscreen washout sinks
- pressure washer for washout
- darkroom for silkscreen coating & cyanotype preparations
- mercury exposure unit with vacuum table
- ink clean-up bin with minimal solvent
- dilution ventilation
- eye wash spray faucet
- large tables for inking, paper cutting and monoprinting
- assorted inking rollers and small utilities
- 48 inch stainless steel sink
- 44 inch wide Epson 9900 inkjet printer
- archival inks & paper
- 6 iMacs
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 on all iMacs
- Imacon Flextight Precision II film scanner
- letter-sized flatbed scanner able to scan slides and transparencies
- A3-sized flatbed scanner
- B&W laser printer
- internet access
For more on the Digital Suite go here.
Martha Street Studio offers artists facilities for a full range of printmaking techniques: intaglio, relief, silkscreen, lithography, and monoprinting. These are supplemented by a darkroom and a mercury vapour exposure system with a vacuum table for people working with photo-based printmaking processes.
The aim of Martha Street Studio is to offer artists a congenial, environmentally friendly, and well-equipped working environment. The studio facilities can be rented for varying lengths of time including daily, weekly and monthly with discounts available for yearly rentals. While its main purpose is as a facility for working artists, studio technicians will also do custom printing both for artists and for the general public.
|Any 10 Days||$180|
For more detailed information about studio rental, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.